Wednesday, April 6, 2011

*And the verdict is...*

  We are still not open. Yep, I said it once again we are still waiting for the approval. After my last post I stated we would be open by that following Monday. WRONG! I received an e-mail exactly 1 hour from my post that let us know they lost some of the paperwork we had turned in at the end of October. They also sent us new forms in the mail to fill out  and send back. I did however send an e-mail asking when we would "officially" be opened but as usually no response. Can you tell I am starting to get down about this whole situation? When we started this process we were told constantly how difficult working with the state was but I never realized it until now. We hear all the time how they need homes for these kids and people need to step up. Well what do you have to say to those who are stepping up but can't get anywhere with your system? I have also heard several people tell us that adoptive parents aren't their priority. Why not? Don't they need permanent homes too?

         If we didn't feel as if this is where the Lord has led us then you better believe I would have quit a long time ago. Anyone who knows me will agree that I am pretty persistant but I can be just as patient as I need to be. I have tried to instill in my mind that patience is a virtue. As I am writing this the Lord just reminded me that He is patient with us, always loving, and forgiving. As his child I am freely able to run to the throne to receive grace in my life regarding patience with receiving our children. I guess you could say that Easter is coming up soon and the devil keeps reminding me that it will be another holiday without a family of my own. The thought of possibly getting to watch our kids hunt for eggs or filling a Easter basket with goodies makes me want them so much more.

      I am so thankful for such great friends and family who have allowed us to love on their kids all these years. It has filled a huge whole in my heart. Even though they aren't technically mine I call each of them my own. No matter what they are all my kids to some extent. I would do for them what I plan on doing for my own someday. I pray that in some small way we can impact their lives in this big world. For now I will simply be content being the best Aunt Cort or Boonda that I can possibly be to all those little ones I love so much. They fill my heart with so much joy!
                       I hope you have a blessed day...sorry for venting! :)

3 comments:

  1. You've sown so many seeds into those children. You will receive a harvest of children of your own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that!! :( But, just think - when you do get a child, it will be exactly the right one! The one that God has for YOU!!!! I'm excited for that!!

    I totally understand about the kids thing - that why I love on my nephews so much! For now, they are like my kids! That's why P. Evan calls me Caleb's 2nd momma! It blesses me SO much when he reaches for me when someone is holding him or gets excited when he sees me! I can only imagine what having my own is like!!

    Anyway, I'm believing with you - that everything will line up and you'll be open soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your head up Cortney. God IS faithful and HIS timing is perfect!!!!!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete