Thursday, March 24, 2011

*Something Old, Nothing New*

Spring is in the air!! Oh how I love this cool/hot season. Birds are chirping, trees are blooming, and the windows are always up! Speaking of windows I do have a small complaint about having to listen to trains all night long!! Seriously do you have to blow your engine at 3:00 a.m every single morning?

Starting in a few weeks Landon will be playing softball in a league out at Ben Geren Park. I started playing America's favorite past time around the age of 5 and fell completely in love with this sport. There are still times when I would love to get out there and crush a ball into the outfield while running my legs off to beat the throw to home. As I have gotten older the time to even think about playing has become few and far between. Some of my best memories are of my dad screaming from first base to keep running and my mom jumping up in down while almost losing control of her bladder because of the excitement! We took family vacations but most of the time it was based around where I was playing ball that weekend! This was totally fine with me I got to do what I loved and enjoy the activities in the area! I am so thankful for parents who supported me and allowed me to play sports. I hope that my children like sports so I can wear a shirt that says #24's mom and spend my days getting sunburned! My mom use to never go to the tanning bed because all she needed was one weekend of us playing ball. 
 Landon if you read this you can let the boys have your dull number 15 and the girls get the number of a champion 24!

I truly believe you weren't a great ball player unless you had a nickname! Some of the best names were found while scraping our knees going for a foul or from sitting on the bench while our team batted away! I know girls who are still referenced by those names. I am one of those girls. Nope my nickname never faded out. It has however changed versions depending on which member of my family or friends you ask. To my dad, friends, and coaches it was simply Boonya, my mom Boonie Spoonie, my bro Boondog, my nieces Boonda (couldn't quit get the ya sound so it was replaced with the da) and to my husband Boon.  I assure you they all know my name is Cortney but very rarely do or did you hear that around my house, ballfield, and yes even school. I've already started thinking of a few names to call our kids. We will see what sticks and what stinks! lol!

*Adoption update*: In my last post I stated there was so much I wanted to say but couldn't yet. Well just forget all about that it didn't work out. :( We were suppose to be officially open as of 2wks ago but due to our homestudy guy not turning in our report that didn't happen. I actually knew nothing about what was going until today and the 5th e-mail that I had to send to get a response. Yes, I sent 5 e-mails in 2wks and as of today I was determined to send one everyday until they answered me. Persistance paid off because our caseworker finally contacted us back only to say we will be open by Monday! What that officially means I couldn't tell you but I do know it makes us one more step closer. My emotions have been running high this week just because no one would answer my questions!! I will let you know more as soon as I do! Hope you have a blessed week! Praying for a good response on Monday! :0)

2 comments:

  1. I love softball! No, I never played but my parents played in a league when I was young and that was one of my favorite nights of the week! I am extremely un-athletic so that's the reason I never played! Baseball is one of my favorite sports to watch and Trent and I are hoping to go a few Razorback baseball games this season! :)

    I've already got a huge list of nicknames for our kids! I nickname everything! :) Just ask Trent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and that's good to hear about the adoption! I'm sorry it's taking so long! I do know that you will have the right baby at the right time! God is ALWAYS on time! :)

    ReplyDelete