Wednesday, June 8, 2011

His Leading Part 1

 So far I have written a few lines and have erased them each time. I am just not exactly sure how to even begin to tell you all the things that has happened in the last month. There is so much I want to write and very little that I can actually elaborate on in the detail that I want. I will do my best to fill you in on as much as I can!

    It all started with a frustrating day and ended in a night of agreement in prayer. There is so much the Lord can do when two people come together and agree in prayer. I know this to be true by what His word says about it and seeing it come to pass in my own life. Earlier that day I had been fighting off thoughts of fear and doubt regarding our journey to adopt. I was not in a great place by the end of the day needless to say so going to a softball game to watch Landon play was not my idea of a great evening. It just added to my irritability. Luckily April was there watching Justin play so we left early to get the boys home. As we were driving home I unleashed my frustration. It wasn't pretty but she is used to me ranting on about things so she listened quietly and gave me some words of encouragement. I don't think I even heard her words I was in the "frustration zone". I know you have all been there before so I know you understand what I am talking about.


 I walked through the front door, threw myself on the couch, and started texting Sheena. In my mind I guess letting April hear my frustration wasn't enough. Of course Sheena started giving me words of encouragement as well, it's such a blessing to have friends who know your heart even when you aren't being yourself. Just being able to talk to both of them which I do alot is like my own little therapy session. I walk away being reminded of the Word and being extremely encouraged. They know how to keep me grounded. We all need good friends like that. That is just another part of His faithfulness. He puts the right people in our lives at exactly the right time.

Wow that was sappy...moving on. By this point I am just wanting to crash on the bed and call it a day. Then Landon comes walking through the door. He knew something was wrong. He knew I wasn't myself. I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to cry. So crying is what I did. Being the husband he is just held me close and never said a word. He listened to me cry out to the Lord and beg Him to take this burden that I was carrying so heavy in my heart. After about an hour of me carrying on like a crazy lady, which the Lord was quick to remind me of Hannah in the temple when she cried out to the Lord and they thought she was drunk. My loving husband took my by the hand. We went to our room held hands and prayed. We completely surrendered the entire process over to Him. We realized we could no longer keep trying to make things happen in the natural. We needed to once again Let go and Let God! We reminded the Lord of the things that were spoken over us and this year. We gave thanks for all He has done and All He was doing.

We started to feel the weight being lifted, our Spirit rejoicing, and a sense of His unending Peace overflow onto us. It was a night I won't forget. We feel asleep in minutes. Are you ready to hear the best part?

I got a phone call first thing the next morning. We had a match! God is faithful! There was a caseworker who contacted our caseworker and asked if we would be interested in a beautiful baby girl. Yes...a thousand times Yes!! I knew she was ours! Hope you have a blessed day! It gets better so keeping tuning in. Lots more to tell you!!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing your story. God is good. God is faithful and I can't wait to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete