Thursday, January 6, 2011

* It's Christmas Time in the Parker Home...*

         I know these are late but here is a few of my favorite things about decorating our house for Christmas!! So here is the age old question real or fake tree??? I go for fake all the way, less mess, and easy to decorate. Landon however chooses a real tree every year because of the smell. Seriously you pick a tree for that? I tried getting pine scented candles but he had to have the real deal. So to satisfy each of us I get a fake on in our room and he gets a real on for the living room. It works out great except I put all the best ornaments on my tree!! lol!!

Before:                      After: 


Here are a few pictures of some of my favorite ornaments and one special stocking that my lovely Mother-in-law had made for us. It was really special getting to hang this stocking on our mantle. It kept reminding us how faithful God is and that one day we will be filling it up with Christmas goodies for our new little one.


This is one of my favorite ornaments! I saw this in the store and snatched it up! I put my amazing dad's picture in it so that even though he is in Heaven I can be reminded of all the Christmas's we had together. I am thankful that I got to have him in my life as long as I did! He was a walking, talking,  miracle and gave all the Glory to God!

Smore's anyone? I started collecting these ornaments a few year's ago and now I can't stop. They have so many different ones to coose from. There is only one place I have found that sells them too and that is the Christmas store in Silver Dollar City!! So when we get a chance to go to Branson I always buy  a new one! Here is my newest one!! He's Fishing!!


Here is my most favorite thing of the year! My new stocking....




It's so sweet!! I almost cried when she gave it to me but I held it in! I am not one to show my emotions but I got teary eyed after she left. All in all it was a great Christmas and we were extremely blessed! Here is a picture of all our stockings on the mantle! We bought a matching one so our two kids will have matching stockings! They will always remind us to believe God in all things even when the situation seems impossible and trust me we have been told by many people it will be impossible for us to have a family! We will one day prove them wrong! Praise God!!

We haven't put the hooks in yet so we had to hang them on the snowmen! haha!!

2 comments:

  1. You know I love the picture frame ornament ;)

    The stockings are great and a reminder of our God's faithfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I just saw this! LOVE it!! The enemy CANNOT stop GOD'S WORD from coming to pass!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahaha We BELIEVE GOD!

    Love your dad's ornament too! He lived an extraordinary life. A truly kind and generous man.

    ReplyDelete