Tuesday, January 25, 2011

*Interview's to be continued..*

            I am sure you are wanting to know how the meetings went. Well sorry to tell you our meeting with Bethany had to be rescheduled due to the lovely snow. Yep! I know I can hear you all sighing..me to! I even cried a little because I was so excited to finally get to go after all this time. On a side note it was rescheduled to February 4th. Praise God! We don't have to wait a whole 6 more months. So again please keep us in your prayers on that day and thank you for your prayers on the other days. It blesses us so much to know you are all standing with us as we take each step further down this journey.  We did however have our first interview with the state. All she did was ask a few questions, had us sign some papers, and told us they would contact us in the next 45 days to schedule our homestudy.

            There are only a few things in our house we have to do in order to make our home ready for a child in the states eyes. We have to get a home phone, fire extinguisher, and put up a fire escape route on our fridge. I don't see how a baby would need a fire escape route but,  I have seen some pretty genius kids in my day. I know we have said we are waiting patiently for a little girl and I have been asked before why not a boy....Well the answer to that is we will be happy with whatever child God has in store for us Boy or Girl.

        We actually had this conversation last week about  getting a call for a little boy. Would we say no? The answer was pretty clear it would be YES in a heart beat! I am not limiting God. My vision for my life is His desires and honestly we just want a child. I don't want to be so closed minded that we miss the direction God is leading us in. Besides there are two rooms in my house one is done in all girl and the other can be turned into a little boys room in minutes. You will be happy to know that I don't have nearly as much stuff for a boy so no one can complain because they can't bless us with anything. I assure you though that my buying for boy things is about to get started so watch out Target and Kohl's I know how to find the good deals.

          I absolutely loved how Pastor Nate on vision Sunday posted the picture of the stars in the sky and asked can you see it? I could always see my little girls room and by the pictures I have shown it's exactly how I dreamed it would be. Now my vision has turned to my boys room. How do I see it? Oh the things my heart is starting to imagine for him. Looks like we will be having an Arkansas Razorback room full of footballs, basketballs, and baseballs. I have the bedding already too! I picked it out years ago and have kept it in a plastic cover all this time. I dugg it out just last week. Still smells like new! Anyway I will keep you posted on our meeting with Bethany on the 4th! If your reading feel free to drop me a comment. I know you are out there lurking....Be Blessed! :)

3 comments:

  1. Waiting expectantly with you guys :)

    I just read this blog the other day. It is the daughter of someone I work with. They are in the process of adopting their second child, but this is the first child they've adopted from the United States. You can see in the post, they put the fire escape plan on their fridge too
    http://thebellerbrood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for writing me on my blog. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the process. We just finished our homestudy today. I to will be praying for you guys.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Dalton needs a Razorback room all the way . . . .

    ReplyDelete