Tuesday, September 21, 2010

* C.A.L.L. Meeting #1*

We had our very first adoption meeting last night!! It was a night full of mixed emotions. This particular meeting was mainly focused on people who want to start foster care but we did get some information on our adoption process as well. We will be having our first home visit interview in a few weeks then we start our parenting classes!! We will be doing 30 hrs of parenting classes in just two weekends! That makes for some very long Saturdays and Sunday evenings! It will be so worth it though. We might even be able to get it all done in 4 mo instead of 6 if we turn everything in and pass our interviews. Woo! Hoo!


So last night we both had to get fingerprinted by a police officer at the meeting. That was a first for me. Just imagine me with ink all over my fingers and then walking down a dark hallway to get to a bathroom at a church I had only been in a few times. It was not pretty! I ended up going into the boys bathroom because that was the only room with a light on! I just knew if I tried to feel around in the dark for the switch in the women's then they would see my little hand prints everywhere!!


In the mean time I will be fixing things around our house, getting a list of information put together in a folder, and filling out a book of paperwork that has to be turned in at the end of October. I can do it right? No pressure! lol!! I know it was only our first class but I am just going to enjoy every part of it even if I have to force myself! Who says you can't fill out paperwork and enjoy a Dr. Pepper too!! It's so excited to know that God has a perfect child out there who is needing parents just like us and a church family just like you. I can't wait to hold that little one in my arms for the very first time. God is so Good! My next post will be about our first interview! That should really be interesting!! lol! I found this quote today and had to share it with you!


"You had a journey to make, A trip to come through, To parents who were praying, And waiting for you." -Judy Pelikan

2 comments: